Best New Features of iOS 11 Smarter, Better, Faster
After the success of iOS 10, Apple released iOS 11 which is the eleventh major release of the iOS mobile operating system. It was announced at the company Worldwide Developers Conference on 5 June 2017, but released on 19 September 2017. With iOS 11, iPad and iPhone become the most powerful and intelligent devices. It makes iPhone better than before and iPad more capable than ever. iOS 11 support the following devices:
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus & iPhone X.
- 6th – gen iPod Touch
- iPad Mini 2, 3, & 4.
- iPad Air, Air 2 & 5th – gen iPad.
- All iPad Pros.
WHATS NEW IN iOS 11:
- Animated emoji’s.
- Face ID.
- New camera modes designed to take advantage of the dual-lens versions of the iPhone.
- New keyboard features, like a one-hundred keyboard on the iPhone and a “Flick” option for trying numbers and symbols more quickly on the iPad.
- The lock screen and notification center are combined, allowing all notifications to be displayed directly on the lock screen. You can still swipe to get to widgets on the left and the camera on the right.
- The various pages of the Control Center are unified, gaining custom setting and the ability to 3D Touch icons for more options.
- With the apple pencil, you can markup pretty much anything. The notes app supports in line drawing, search and handwriting recognition with apple pencil. It is the best support for the iPad.
- iOS 11 makes easier and more intuitive than ever to multitask.
Furthermore, when you install iOS 11, the bottom row on your screen has been replaced by a macOS like dock. May be you have a question like what is the benefit of this dock? Here you can put a dozen apps and you can pull up that dock by swiping your finger from the bottom edge of the screen. It also works even if you are using an app already. You can tap on an app icon and drag it on the side of the screen to open a narrow version of it.
Apple used the compression technology in iOS 11, so video will take up a less storage space. Low light portraits will take advantage of optical image stabilization and HDR. You can also make a movie with live photos and live photos can also be trimmed and edited. In iOS 11 new long exposure effects can help you take really great nature shots of moving water and more. The most important change is that you can save lot of videos and photos.
iOS 11 is not your average iOS update. It turns your iPad into a completely different machine and it adds potentially groundbreaking core framework to the iPhone. I am not going to lie to you. It is now much faster to open apps, switch between multiple apps, manipulate files and achieve something complicated.